Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any good hotspot script cheats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumaNuma

Technical User
Apr 9, 2005
US
I'm looking for any good books or free websites that have examples of hotspot button codes/script for those who are just learning notes development or for those who are not good at advanced script coding. I’m looking for samples of hotspots already created that I can copy and paste into hotspot buttons that I’m creating for now until I get better at creating advanced hotspot buttons that would amaze the email recipient!! =o)

I'm starting to learn how to create advanced hotspot buttons for the Executive Assistants and HR managers who hold a lot of meetings and events where I work. They like the hotspot buttons with different functions added to email notices that are sent out.

Here is an example of one I use at work when the email recipient clicks on the hotspot button. I changed company information for privacy in this post.

choice := @Prompt([OkCancelList] : [NoSort]; "RSVP for Self Defense Classes"; "Please select the appropriate response and press OK. Your response will be sent to Staffname. Thank You."; "Please sign me up for the class on March 10th, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm." ; "Please sign me up for the class on March 10th, 11:00AM- 12:00pm." : "Please sign me up for the class on March 24th, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm. ");
@MailSend("staffnotesserveraddressgoeshere";"";"";" Self Defense Response";choice;"");
@Prompt([Ok]; " Self Defense Response"; "Your response has been sent to staffname. Thank you.")

I'm also looking for script to add to a hotspot button for a function "add to calendar" when the recipient clicks on it, it will add that event/meeting to their notes calendar as an APPPOINTMENT and will have a reminder pop up a day before the meeting/event.

Thanks for any help!

You could try - they have lots and lots of stuff on there, including help for beginners to Lotus Script. Personally I taught myself using only the help files and this site (although mainly just pascal!!).

Working with existing databases (eg Mailfiles) is not in my opinion the best way to learn - firstly you're dealing with massive forms with thousands of complexities built by Lotus, and secondly you could do some real damage!

I recommend starting a new database project (in my experience there's always a new problem to solve with a database somewhere!!) and devoting your time to that, building it up from scratch.

By the way, like the username... Are you a newgrounds fan by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back