Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any good browser using lower resource than IE6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick99

Programmer
Feb 4, 2004
HK
May anyone suggest any good browsers which are using lower resource than IE6?

Quite a few out there. I personally use Opera - - I have used it for many years and am always amazed how nicer they make it every new version. Also it is very fast (browsing wise). Resource-wise, I use the One Opera Window with tabbed windows option and have been able to have 30 webpages open and still work ok (always think i'll need this page or another). If your system crashes, you have the option to open Opera where you were before the crash. A lot of so called new nice features people talk about in browsers nowadays have been in Opera for a long time.

On the other hand, Firefox - is quite populour as well. I generally use it for web design purposes but it is quite a good browser. It is quite a fast browser as well. Make use of the extensions to get the most out of it.

Claudius (What certifications??)

Firefox.

It's becoming one of the most used explorers by now.

Every body stop using Internet Explorer!, let's see if Microsoft put some attention to the ol'IE and brings a new version with all those bugs and memory leaks.

...Att Jazket...

I have tried Firebox 0.92 before. It uses about 1 more MB than IE6 when starting up with blank page. I wonder Download.com says "the browser uses far less resources than Internet Explorer but more than Opera"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back