Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any forum for ReportSmith Explorer Tech support out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaSystems

Technical User
May 25, 2006
US

HI

Any forum for ReportSmith Explorer Tech support out there?

I've gotten past dymnamic link errors, dll and sql errors on my own, with noones help, and generated custom reports. Is there no forum for Max 7.0 where I can submit posts and receive helpful answers? I thought this forum was technical support but last reply received suggests otherwise. Thx

This is not tech support for ReportSmith. This is just a forum where ReportSmith Users, Consultants etc. try to share experiences and techniques.

The company that sells Max 7.0 should be able to provide support for their product and ReportSmith as it relates to Max. They should have a support contract with SRS and be able to call SRS support for help. This is how it works at ADP who is the largest reseller of ReportSmith.

I know ADP tech people come here, does anyone know if any SRS tech people come here?

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

So what you are saying is I, as a ReportSmith users who is looking for tips and other people's experiences to better utilize the software, should not look here for support. I should only read the threads as FYI? Wierd. THought Reply was for questions/answers.

I think we have different idea's of what support is. If you are looking for "tips and other people's experiences to better utilize the software" this is the place. Feel free to ask and answer questions here.

My idea of support is what the vender supplies. In my eyes teck support is something you pay for and then can demand solutions to your problems. Here if someone feels like answering a post they do if not they don't.

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

I posted replies to a couple of your other posts but Maximizer v7.0 was the last version that came bundled with ReportSmith for Maximizer v3.03. After that, Maximizer switched to bundling Crystal Reports with their product and the latest version is 9. Maximizer v7.0 was replaced by v8.0 at the beginning a last year.

Considering your *new* to an unsupported product your not going to receive any support from Maximizer or SRS. Upgrade to the latest version would be my suggestion.

Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back