Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any experts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverjess

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2002
US
Is there a way I can create a subform that allows me to enter multiple names in a datasheet for one record (the record that is listed on the main form)?

I don't think I understand your question. Wouldn't your subform query be for just that record on your main form, thus allowing you to enter anything you wanted for that mainform record. Or maybe I don't understand your question.

Nishan

Yes, the query is for that single record. However, I'm trying to figure out a way I can enter multiple pieces of data for that specific record, into the subform table. In my current setup, I type in a name...press tab...a new row is displayed...I type in an additional name for that record...press tab...an error message pops up that says I can't do that because the changes would create duplicate values in the primary key, index, or relationship.

Is there another way I can enter that information?

You have an index problem by the sounds of things i am not quite sure exactly what you are trying to acheive but have a look at your indexses.

You have an index problem by the sounds of things i am not quite sure exactly what you are trying to acheive but have a look at your index on the table.

Cheers Jamie Mack

It seems like your primary key for the subform's record source table is just the primary key of the main form, thus you can't have multiple records in the subform because it duplicates the primary key. So your subform primary key needs to be the main form primary key AND something from the subform (probably the name). hope that helps.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back