Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any experience with DNS/DHCP appliances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt95gsr

MIS
Jul 1, 2002
US
Hi,

In thinking of the best way to handle DNS and DHCP requests in a hotel (~500 users), I'm thinking about using an appliance for the job. There's no real reason to have any other servers on that network to drop the services on, and don't really like having the Cisco router handle those services. I've been looking at the BlueCat Adonis line of appliances, and I like the fact that they can be easily managed via console and ssh in addition to the Web GUI. If anyone has any experience with these or any similar appliances I'd appreciate some insight. Thanks!

I don't have direct experience with the Adonis but they were trying to sell us that product for a long time and i've seen many live demos of it. Honestly if it would be a bit cheaper I think we wouldn't have thought twice about purchasing it. If you have that kind of money i would certainly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back