Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any experience using NIM to Push AIX5 Spot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeZ

MIS
Mar 20, 2002
US
We have upgraded our NIM master to AIX5.2 We are trying to "push" a spot of 5.1 to a brand new IBM 6H1 the image is installed but no network information is on the box when all said and done. Any info would be great thanks.

There were several patches for NIM in 5...so be sure you have them as well

There was a redbook for 4.3 but the principles are similar and there is a troubleshooting nim site....

It may help?

If you also search past calls. there was a write up on NIM in the group and how to set it up? Good luck

We are still working on 5L NIM, but using NIM to do 4.3, I still have to set the non-primary interfaces after the fact. Not sure if that is what you see. In fact, the one I did today, for some reason it retained its old hostname after the NIM. I don't know yet if there are other "issues", but NIM seems fairly flaky no matter what version. Especially in the network area. IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Administration
IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Support
IBM Certifiable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back