Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any decent APC UPS monitoring software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInKS

MIS
Jun 4, 2002
US
I have an old APC Smart-UPS 1400.

I had had some fairly recent APC Powerchute monitor software installed, but it drove me crazy and I uninstalled it.
It ran something like 3 services, was around 70MB in size, and I could never get any useful information out of the cartoony user interface.

Went back and installed Powerchute V5.2 (which doesn't even mention XP, but it seems to work). This is exactly what I want. It has a simple standard windows interface. I can customize it to display and log anything I choose. I can view and print the log and event files easily. It is only about 5MB in size. It pretty much does everything I want.

The only catch is I don't think it will probably work with a current model UPS. So does APC or anyone else have any (free or very low cost) decent software to monitor a UPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back