Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any body using Windows 2003 with Ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

backup02

MIS
Nov 19, 2002
US
Any body using Windows 2003 with Arcserve 9?

Yes, the is a patch on CA's website, seems to be working fine...No major errors as of yet.

Just testing Brightstor ArcServe 9 together with Disaster Recovery option and W2K3. It doesn't work even on a simple server with only an added RAID controller. I even have installed all service patches available (Build 2040).

I hope the disaster will not happen... as a test case, the software doesn't work as described and expected.

Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks!
Harald

I believe that AS v9 with DR only with with matching machines with the same hardware configuration. Hope this helps.

Regards,

It's the identical machine, and absolutely intact. Is for test purposes only. Has anybody tested DR /w W2K3 yet? Any experience?

Regards,
Harald

There is new information:

I've installed the server again, same procedure, with two minimal changes:

1. Full definition of the caroot user account in Win2K3 accordingly to the CA procedure description - although the software seemed to work without it before.
2. Installation of the OFANT.SYS patch on top of AS9P4.

BIG SURPRISE: IT WORKS! [2thumbsup]

Does anybody have a clue, which of the two did the trick?

Best regards,
(Happy) Harald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back