Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any alternative to Imaging? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrypuma

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
Hello
I was wondering if there is any alternative to Windows Imaging used in W9x and W2K Pro for scanning to desktop in Windows XP, I don't think XP has Imaging? Pls Help

1. If you mean the older Kodak image viewer and service, it is possible to install this under XP. Use the keyword search here for "kodak" for some links and advice from linney. The Lockergnome site covered this well, and my link is from Kelly Theriot's site:
Look under the "K" key, and scroll to Kodak Imaging.

2. XP urges one to move to WIA, the newer Microsoft standard. There is no problem using older FAX or scanner standards with WIA that I have experienced, other than that be certain the hardware, including adapter board, are WHQL certified with Microsoft. The manufacturer of your intended device will be upfront about this: either there are drivers for XP or there are not.

3. If you just need general graphics viewer support, I use IRFANVIEW, freeware:
4. For FAX and some scanner support you need to be able to view and use .TIFF images. This freeware product is wonderful under XP:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back