Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any advantage in separate VPN Concentrator with ASA 5520?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastbr

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a budget to replace our PIX 515 and am considering what the best solution is for the money that has been budgeted.

There is enough in the budget to buy an ASA 5520 and a 3005 VPN concentrator. My question is, is there any significant benefit in deploying a separate VPN device, or is the VPN capability built in to the 5520 sufficient for 50 remote users?

Thanks,
Brent

How is the current performance of the 515 doing when you have the most users logged in? I would go for it. The ASA Rocks and will only continue to get better with each revision. Save the extra money and buy a content security module.

Free Firewall/Network/Systems Support-

I went from a 515 and C3k to just a 5540. I'm running 14 L2L tunnels and utilization is only at 2% all day long sitting on a T3 with 2500 users.
Using the extra money to buy an second 5540 for a active-standby config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back