Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Any 3rd Party Alternative to Mailbox Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonSI

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2004
US
Hi,

I am in great need to really manage the users mailbox here in the company. Even after warning and threats to delete their e-mails, they still do not comply.

I want to create a rule in Mailbox Manager to enforce the new rules, but there are always, "EXCEPTIONS" to the rules.

From what I read in the forum, Mailbox manager doesn't seem to like conditional statement for mailbox policies. For example, I want to delete all mail older then X days for all Rank and File employees. While Managers can have old e-mail for x days longer.

I also want to make a "SAFE" folder, where content in this folder will not be deleted.

Anyway.. what this comes down to is one question:

1. "Is there any 3rd Party Exchange 2000 Mailbox Management Tools?"

I look forward to any advice or tips from you on how to manage these exchange mailboxes.

Thanks.

Ton

You can use Mailbox Manager to do what you want to as it is, why look for something else?

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back