Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antivirus on Domino R5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckchia

MIS
May 10, 2002
SG
Guys, Help.

How do i set Lotus Domino R5 to scan mail befor it deliver to the User on my database list ?

TIA.

Sofar I haven't run into any problems with Norton Anti Virus for domino. (which I can't say for mcafee's groupshield.

NAV automatically gets the latest patternfiles , you can schedule scans for all db's or certain db's etc. and it scans mail as it enters the server mailbox.

works for me Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

but then if a virus mail have been send via your smtp will it be block ?

incoming and outgoing mail (through smtp or notes) always arrives in the server's mailbox first. it's at this point that NAV intercepts viri before the router or smtp server task process the message.

Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

okie, i understand now. thanx for the help :)

Yes.. NAV... Unfortunately running only on Domino on NT .. What about AS400 Domino server ? As far as i know, the best antivir for Domino on AS400 is TrendMicro's Scanmail...
Well, that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back