Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antivirus for Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtismo

MIS
Dec 4, 2006
US
We recently performed platform migration on several Call Pilot 2.02 systems to 5.0. However, our network security staff wants to put antivirus on the system, but I know that Nortel only supports certain versions and combinations. Documentation says I should refer to P-2007-0101-Global for this, but this one particular document is not available on the Nortel website to "common folks" (ie, non-Partners). Can anyone supply this document without me having to open a ticket with our supplier?

curtismo..the only thing i know that NORTEL will
support as far as anti-virus is McAfee anti-virus.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I just got a copy of the Nortel doc. They support 4 AV products:

CA eTrust AntiVirus v7
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise v8
Symantec AntiVirus v10
Trend Micro OfficeScan v7

<RANT>
This document is sorely needed by us in the real world that have to answer to auditors, regulators, internal and external security analysts. Nortel, why do hide this so that we have to go hat-in-hand to a vendor to get something you should be giving freely to your user community.
</RANT>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back