Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antivirus 360 Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunJunBK

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2008
US
To All,

I have a user who was infected (still infected) with the Antivirus 360 spyware. I have installed and ran Malwarebytes Anti Malware and Spybot Search and Destroy software. Ran the system scan and removed infected files, now the thing is the Malwarebytes did detect and remove the files initially but when the user uses IE we get a pop up stating that the site they are going to is blocked and in order to proceed they must purchase Antivirus 360. I can't shake this thing. Need some help on this one, please.

I even went as far as uninstalling IE and installed Firefox but the sites that the user normally works through aren't compatible with Firefox. Reinstalled IE 7 and still getting bogus website blocked page.

Any help or insite would be greatly appreciated.

"That's not thunder, I just kick hard."
JunJunBK

I just did a system restore to last monday. The infection took place last Friday. So far so good. I will keep Combofix a try if it ever comes up again thanks lb63640.

"That's not thunder, I just kick hard."
JunJunBK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back