Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antivirus 2004 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthmpsn1

MIS
Sep 26, 2001
US
Is there any good reason to upgrade my software from 2003 to 2004? OR would it be better just to upgrade my subscription

Scott

NAV 2003 is just fine. No real need to upgrade to 2004. Just renew the subscription.

2004 has a few new features, but I haven't tried it yet. Supposed to be able to handle spywares now. I'd check Symantec's page, see if the features might be useful to you. If not, renew the subscription.

Matt J.

As an alternative:

NAV2004 comes as usual with a 60 money back garanty.

So buy it, try it and if you do not like it contact Symantec Customer Services for a refund.

In the same line of question, how about NAV 2002?, always worked great for me, never caused any troubles, I happened to read many negatives reviews on NAV 2004.

Cheers!

NAV 2002 is fine, so keep it till advised by Symantec to upgrade.

Time to upgrade is when Symantec stops the technical support for your version.

For NAV 5.0 and NAV2000 6.0 & NAV2001 7.0 technical support has stopped. So the advise is to upgrade.

NAV5.o can not be renewed.
NAV 2000 6.0 can be renewed. Advise upgrade
NAV 2001 7.0 can be renewed. Advise upgrade

If you still have win95, you cannot upgrade,upgrades won't work on win 95.

Can no longer renew NAV 2001 but am still running NT 4.0 on several workstations. Are any currently available Norton Antivirus products compatible with NT 4.0? Thanks.

The new ones won't install. If you want a clean antivirus program that doesn't plant deep roots in the OS, try hauri antivirus.

I use it all the time to clean and repair files norton cannot.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Dear Matt,

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try out Hauri.

Only glitch with the product I have found is that the initial update must be done off the web. Once its complete, subsequent updates are automatic.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Dear Matt,

Hauri AV works like a charm. It even discovered a spyware program that NAV missed.

Question: Does the program generate a dated log file of scan activity? If so, where?

Thanks again for the heads-up.

I think you have to turn it on in its preferences.

Matt J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back