Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AntiViral Solutions for Windows 7even...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBigBen

MIS
Feb 8, 2003
DE
The following anti-virus solutions are available:

Symantec offers the Norton 360 3.0 Beta*
AVG offers AVG Internet Security and AVG Anti-Virus that works with the Windows 7 Beta*
Kaspersky is offering a technical preview of Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows 7.*
Avira Free AntiVir**

* Not tested, but reported by Brandon LeBlanc, Windows communications manager on the Windows Client Communications Team
** tested on native install.

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.

AVG's free version works outstandingly well with 7.

It was the first thing I downloaded after setting up 7.

It actually works better with 7 than it did with XP before.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Anybody know if Symantec's End Point Protection (a corporate anti-virus/malware suite) works with Windows 7? I can confirm that Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate does not.

I am using AVG Free also, working fine

Yes, AVG Free 8.0 on Windows 7 detected all 4 test files from eicar.org.

===
Karlis
ECDL; MCSA

Nod32 v3 Business Edition works great, finds all Eicar test files.

I'm using AVAST personal. It's working great for me as well.

I can confirm that Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate does not.

It seems that I was a bit hasty in posting that, I installed Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate 10.2 (Vista x64 version) on Windows 7 x64 and it looks like only one component (Endpoint Protection) is not working. When Windows 7 loads, a dialog pops up saying that the Endpoint component has been disabled; scans for updates/fixes yield no results. This is only a minor annoyance as Real-Time Protection seems to be working fine and actually is detecting threats.

I have installed Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate 10.2 (Vista x64 version) on Windows 7 RC x64 and it works perfectly. I used to get a warning message on start up in Windows 7 Beta x64 that the Endpoint Protection component was not working, I get no such message in the RC.

I tried Symantec Endpoint Protection v11 (x64) but it does not install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back