Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AntiGen? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckystuff

Technical User
Jan 26, 2006
ZA
Hi All - I was wondering what you thought of MS Antigen? Anyone use it out there? You happy with it?
What is your view is the best software for Exchange AntiVirus and attachment management etc.

Your mouse has moved - reboot for changes to take effect

Antigen was great until Microsoft got their hands on it and wrapped it into the Forefront offering. There have been rumblings of disatisfaction that I've seen. It's got a long way to fall though so don't let it put you off too much.

Antigen is more than anti virus and attachment management though. If you just want that then gfi.com is probably a good enough solution. Antigen does the whole gambit using several vendors engines and subscriptions.

As with everything it all generally boils down to what you're willing to pay.

just my 2p.

Thats great - thanks Mark. I am looking for more than just the AV so that good.
Can it do what Mail Marshall can do?

My advice to you is to stop thinking the way you seem to be.

On a scale of one to ten (ten being the highest spec, cost etc) then Antigen is right at the top. Mail Marshall, GFI, SpamAssassin and all the rest of them sit in or around the 5/6/7 area.

Have you got budget for Antigen or have you got budget for Mail Marshall? If you have got the Antigen budget then look at the high end, enterprise scale, products.

Don't try and compare Mail Marshall with Antigen, that's simply not possible.

Although, to answer your question, yes, Antigen will do what Mail Marshall does, and a ton more besides. That's why you're going to see a price differential.

Thanks again Mark, I am busy getting in prices as we speak so we shall soon see. I am actually re-evaluating our whole AntiVirus product so I am deciding between just AV on exchange or AV plus the bells and whistles. Currently we are running McAfee -which is crap IMO - and Mail Marshall (hosted externally at the moment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back