Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antigen for Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dfig

MIS
Feb 5, 2005
US
Hello all. I am hoping someone can help me. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Microsoft office 2003 at the desktop. I have an Outlook user who got this message when trying to open an email with an attachment:

"Antigen for Exchange removed FTC_COMMING_DUE_QRY122007_20for_20dec._202007_20to_20programs.url since it
was found to match the FILE FILTER= unnamed: *.URL file filter."

I have found information on Google about Antigen but I can't find the utility on my Exchange server. This is a file the user gets periodically and never had a problem before. The only thing that was done recently was that I had to re-install SP2 for Exchange to resolve an error I was getting in Event Viewer about SPN(I don't remember the details exactly since I cleared the Event Log). In researching the errror it was recommended to try re-installing SP2 which did take care of the SPN problem. I haven't seen this message before. Unfortunately I am not very knowlegable with Exchange so any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Antigen is an antivirus solution. It was previously marketed by Sybari before becoming a Microsoft product through an acquisition.

It's a completely separate application on the server itself (assuming it was removed by Antigen at the receiving end and not the sending end).

Pat Richard
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Thanks for the Tek Tip. It is a big help. I'll follow up on the other end. Thanks.....DFIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back