Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anti-Virus for Domino 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnkeogh

MIS
Jun 12, 2008
GB
Hiya,
I'm currently looking for Antivirus that is compatible with Domino 8. So far I've seen CA & Symantec, but was looking to see if anyone had any other recommendations

(we currently use Symantec, but are looking to move away)

thanks

John

One suggestion : stay away from McAffee. I know of three banks that have their Domino server crashing daily because of McAffee behavior.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Go for Sophos Puremessage. It is pricey but I think more reliable and robust. Over here we use GroupShield 7 for Lotus Domino. Am still testing it. We are currently running GroupShield 5.3 on Domino 7.0.3. We never had any crashes and whilst GSD 5.3 is not a very great product, it seems to do its work rather well.

We've decided to go with the Sophos Endpoint and Email security. It doesn't support Domino 8 yet, but will do within a few months.
We've also kept the Symantec Anti-Spam\Anti Virus Gateway for SMTP, as that works really well and *should* give us another line of defence

thanks for your help!

Trend Micro is probably the best for Domino.......Least intrustive and best integrated for Domino.

I use Sophos PuerMessage for Lotus Domino 6.5. Had a lot of issues setting it up but now it seems to be working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back