Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anti spam/virus for Mail servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsukoJigger

Programmer
Dec 8, 2005
GB
Hi friendly folks of tektips,

I was hoping for a little bit of advice regarding how other people managing web servers deal with spam and virus attacks.

I'm running a Windows server 2003 on a pretty powerful dedicated server and we've been having major problems with spam across many of the Domains that are hosted on the dedicated server.

Does anyone have any recommendations about what software is best to protect my mail servers from filthy emails about willy's and drugs?

Thanks for any and all help

Andy

There are many good solutions that will do the trick, but I can wholeheartedly recommend MailMarshall from Marshal.com (formally by netiq).

It comes in a variety of flavours and can be run directly on your exchange box, or better still, as an smtp filter taking the load off exchange.

Its very easy to use, highly configurable, and you can buy a range of bolt on modules too.

wn i gro up i wna b a typo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back