Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anti-malware combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

owilbur

Technical User
Aug 16, 2009
US
On a Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 or XP SP3 machine is malwarebytes, superantispyware and panda cloud sufficient? How about just the malwarebytes and superantispyware? I have been using the trio for some time without problems.

malwarebytes and superantispyware are excellent anti-malware products... but the are not anti-virus products. You need to have one good anti-virus program with a real-time scanner. I have never used Panda Cloud AV, but if you are happy with it, stick with it.

My wife and daughter have Panda on their systems. It seems to work pretty well.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

If I were really setting something up for someone, I'd use a free anti-virus product like AVG Free (or whatever) and then I'd PURCHASE the MalwareByte's anti-mailware.

The reason is that I see malware get by most anti-virus programs, but MBAM seems like the most effective weapon and to have it running in real time seems like a great defense and should "back up" the AV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back