Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Antec PS model EA500 wire diagrahm to motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

smccutch

Technical User
Nov 9, 2007
I purchased a Antec EarthWatts Power Supply to replace the Antec TruePower 400 which burned up. Problem: There are about six more power plugs on the new unit and I need information or diagrahm information as to where the plugs on the Model EA-500 plug into my Abit AS8 motherboard.

smccutch hi
The Antec Earthwatts just meets the newer Version 2.2 standard so has additions to your older PSU.
Just because it has these "additions" doesn't mean you use them.
Because your Abit AS8 is a slightly older motherboard it wasn't fitted with any of the newer connections.

All you need connected to your motherboard is the 20pin section of the main power plug (Pull off the plus 4 connector and cable tie it out the way) the other connector you need is the 4pin intel (EPS 12V) connecting to the motherboard.
Then obviously your molex and floppy power connectors to the drives etc
Everything else: 2X PCIe, 8pin ATX and spare SATA powers can be neatly cable tied out the way and used for another day (perhaps on your next upgrade) when they are needed.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back