Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ant 1.7 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiminjava

Programmer
Jan 7, 2008
CA
Hi guys,

There is a weired thing happening in Ant 1.7, when I am using “ant -p" command to look up the available targets from the build script. By that command the Ant should display a bunch of available targets in the script. In Ant 1.6.5, the targets are displayed properly. However, in ant 1.7, it displays the targets in the parent script twice.

For example, the parent script is called "parent" as project name for the script and the script I execute is called "child" as project name for the script. The "child" calls "parent" for shared targets, "build", "compile". The "child" consists of "extension", "test".

When I type "ant -p" to the "child" script, it prints out the following:
parent.build
parent.compile
build
compile
extension
test

But the "build" and "compile" are the same as "parent.build" and "parent.compile". Can I do anything on my script to get rid of the redundant targets?

If I do not set project name on the two scripts, the redundancy does go away. But I want to keep the project name to identify the scripts.

Do you guys know how do I fix that?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back