Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Answering other Lines with a 3903?

Status
Not open for further replies.

packetloss

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2001
US
I think I already have my answer for this one, but everyone here is so helpful, maybe there is something or someway that can be suggested to do this.

We have a small, sub-company in our office, using out PBX (Option 11c). The secretary only has a 3903 phone, but when she hears the phone on the other side of the wall ringing, she wants to be able to answer it from her phone. For example, hitting a number combo + ext. to pick up that line. I told her no.

Now, I have some folks in my end of the office with 3904 phones, and I have their superiors ext. mapped to keys 3 & 4 so they can answer those lines. Thats simple, but I dont have another 3904 to give this other group.

So, any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Even if the answer is no :).

The answer is Ringing number pick up group. Look it up in your software features guide under Call Pickup

LD 20
CHG
TN
RNPG (assign the same group number to each phone in the group)
CLS PUA (Pick Up Allowed)
KEY xx RNP (Assign it to a feature key)

When the phone rings that the attandant wants to pick it up, remove the handset from the cradle and press the "Pickup" key. The call is answered at the attendant's phone.

The best way to perform this is to use the PUDN flexible feature code. By assigning a RNP key as described above, all the sets need to be in the same RNP Group. All the operator needs to do is lift the handset, dial the PUDN code followed by the DN of the set that is ringing. The PUDN code can be printed/configured in LD 57.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back