Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Answering extension within a group 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndreMD

Technical User
Sep 22, 2019
RO
Hi members !
Someone told me that it is possible to create a kind of group of extensions and if any member of this group is called , with a key-combo can answer that call any other member of the group.
For example if are group members A,B,C,D and B is called, the other 3 members can answer that call with a "88" key combination (or any other key pushing).
Please note that I need to include in this group analog extensions also
Many thanks for your patience !

Yes ! You can run ghgmi..ghgri and dial busy member and press 8 then answer...

PG4E

Hi inIsp05 !
I'm thinking about the possibility to answer an extension's call without knowing which ext. of the group is called. For example you hear in the next office a DTS/ATS is ringing but you don't know which one of them, you dial "88" (I know the option with "8") and you pick that call on your terminal.
Have you any idea ?
Appreciate your answer !

You must create call pickup group with members A,B,C,D
Command
GPGRI
GPGMI
from Alex: "A member of a group can pickup calls to other members in the same group by dialling a procedure on her/his telephone."
NADAP:NUMTYP=SC-2; to find answer code for group call pickup

Graber!
Thank you for your advice, tomorrow or monday I will try it !

Hi Graber !
I created the group, it exists but unfortunatelly I can't see the answer code for group pickup.
I have only: number_print -numbertype sc-2 and when executed it shows nothing .
Have you any idea ? Thanks .

Hi,
Could you try with number_print -numbertype sc and look for Answer Common bell, Group call pickup or Night bell (common procedure) in the list?

Hello eis5 !
It works great now with this service code !
Thank you much for solution,and thank you Graber for your help !
E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back