Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Answer DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopeztcom

Programmer
Jul 3, 2007
US
Hello all. I need to add an answer DN for a user and need for it to work like an MICS/BCM. They currently have an MICS and are converting over to a UCX system. They currently have several phones that have an answer dn as well as an internal autodial of the same dn. They use the answer dn to answer calls for 201 from 200 and use the internal autodial to monitor the status of 201 from 200. I have tried to simulate the same feature using 201r. The first call works fine, but the second call rings at 201 and not 200. I have tried adding (2) of the 201r's, (1) 201r and (1) 201b with no luck. I have tried a phantom extension 500 and using it as a follow me for 201 and putting 201r on the 200 with no luck. I have tried putting 200 in follow me under 201 as well as a 201r and it works, but I know they will complain of not knowing who it's for either 200 or 201. Any other ideas or things i can try?

Hi Lopeztcom
Can u build a ring group and assign the extensions to the ring group ?
Then have a BLF to see the extensions.

Atdjr123, 201r means the extension 201 and ringing. It's like an answer dn on an MICS or BCM. 201b means extension 201 and no ringing like an internal autodial. if you hover over the keys under nortel settings for a phone you can see your options. The ring group will not work. The admin is really sticking to having the functionality of what she had before. They don't even want a follow me option with the 201r.

I'm not exactly sure of what you want here but you can program one button using F*1 (+ext) and that will be just an autodial. You can program a second button using F*2 (+ext) and that will make the button a BLF for the extension

Telcodog,

Thanks for the feedback. F*1 and F*2 is pretty much the same concept as going to an extensions Nortel settings. F*1 inputs the extension alone and F*2 makes it a XXXB button, meaning autodial and no ring. I tried it and it gave me the same response as XXXR and XXXB.

Thanks!
ltcom

Lopeztcom, apparently xxxB does not work as a BLF. I just used ext.213 as my test set and 211 as my Answer DN set. I programmed an auto dial button on 211 as my Answer DN. I also programmed multiple line appearances on each set. When I call ext 213 ext. 211 rings also and I can pick up. While the call is active I call 213 from another extension and ext. 211 rings. I can place the first call on hold and answer the second call for 213. I then place an outside call from 211 and the button location for 213 is lit on ext. 211. However, if ext. 213 is on an active call and I call it, 211 will not ring, only 213. So basically, the only time that 211 does not ring is when 213 is called, is when 213 is on an active call.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

I have tried putting 200 in follow me under 201 as well as a 201r and it works, but I know they will complain of not knowing who it's for either 200 or 201."

I think the best option is to use Follow Me as suggested in the initial post. The solution for the "will complain of not knowing who it's for" problem is to use the Caller ID Name Prefix on the Follow Me page - setting this field to "For 201: " should make the intended destination pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back