Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Answer DN BCM50 Rel 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltaTelman

Vendor
Nov 6, 2005
CA
I have a customer were the main reception set is station 304(T7315E). We programmed a answer DN key on station 318(T7316E) so the main calls can be answered if the receptionist is away at station 318.
On occasion a internal caller calls station 304 and talks to the receptionist, and then wants to be transferred to station 318. The call will not be transfered. The caller is put on hold by the system when the person at station 304 presses transfer, when they dial 318 there is no join button. When station 304 hangs up to transfer the call the call is not transferred.
This previously worked on their MICS, but not on the new BCM50 release 3.0.
Any ideas

It should work, is the bcm patched to the latest?

The bcm50 is patched to the latest patches.
I tried the exacty same thing on my BCM50 in my office, and I get the same results that I do at my customers system.

This only happens on internal calls?

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.---George Carlin

This is probably a glitch. Try going in to Telephony | Global Settings | Feature Settings and change "Answer Keys" to Extended or Enhanced. I seem to remember something about that.

RAJ Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back