Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Text box sum in footer in Access report question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedgracer

Programmer
Mar 21, 2001
US
Another report with a different set of problems. This report has all the calculations in the Account Header (don't ask me why; I didn't write it) and the text box it is referencing is named net_repo and has the following calculation in it:

=Sum([Qty]-([ExistingTerm]-[NewTerm]-[OpenRolls])+[Overnight]

Most everyone will be quick to pick up that the sum is not necessary but that is indicative of all of the reports in this database. Anyway, I have a number of Footers that I tried to put the following calculation in a text box in:

=Sum(IIf([net_repo]<0,[net_repo]*-1*0.25,[net_repo]*0.25))

When I run the report I get a run time parameter value box asking for a net_repo entry. I have tried setting up a separate text box in the Account Header and having the value of the net_repo populate it and reference that text box but I still get the same parameter value box at run time. I also have tried putting the entire calculation (less the sum) into the above calculation in the footer but that results in multiple run time parameter value box questions. What am I doing wrong (besides not rebuilding the report which is not an option)? Any help is appreciated.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back