Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Terminal Services Licensing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougcoulter

Programmer
Mar 16, 2001
US
Hello all - I have read a few existing threads regarding Terminal Services Licensing which helped me realize that my Terminal Server Licensing Server was setup for per Device CALs, and I have installed per User CALs (5). I just went in and changed the setting to per User in Terminal Services Configuration (I did this while connected in a session in which I was assigned a Temporary License). I then Reset my own session and reestablished the session, hoping that I would then be granted a per User CAL (instead of the Temporary) - however, I am still listed under the Temporary Licenses (along with the rest of my clients). Do I need to do something more for this setting to be "active" (i.e.: restart the Terminal Server, etc.)?

Thanks!

Doug

No. Your temporary licence will simply end on the date it is supposed to and then when you next log in you will have the USer licence. Bear in mind that with Windows 2003 the licence manager doesn't work properly as of yet, and so even though you only have 5 User licences, more will be able to log in... though not legitimately! So you'll have to watch that.

Will

Awesome Will - thanks a bunch. Great FAQ :)...

...Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back