Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another "Unable to Attach" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohan

Technical User
Oct 5, 2001
US
Hey all,

Heres the deal. I am new to BE, but needed to install it on my domain. I am trying to back up servers and more importantly Exchange Mailboxes. That is obviously where I run into the problem. I have the Remote Agent installed. I search and followed the threads instructions that I found: Stop services, rename the (can't remember).uni file to .old, restarted machine. I also am using a backup account, which has a mailbox, log on as a service rights, domain admin, local admin, and site service account in exchange. I just installed BE so this has never worked. I select the Mailboxes from the server and it comes up as "Unable to attach." Any ideas? And what is the deal with the unique mailbox name?

What software versions are involved here?

OS = NT/Win2k/Win2003?
Exchange = 5.5/2000/2003?
BE = 8.x/9?

HiLiKus,

Lets say your Backup Exec service Account is "VeritasBackUp".

Then on your Exchange Server,create a mail for
"VeritasBackUp" with the mail named "VeritasBackUp_Mail"
then choose "VeritasBackUp" as PrimaryNT Account, this should be a member of admin of Exchange.

Then try this should work.

Thanks.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back