Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another question on numbered lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole0000

Technical User
Oct 18, 2007
US
The space inbetween single numbers (1 through 9) and starting of sentence is smaller than when #10 is listed. How do decrease the space between double digit numbers and the sentences? I know how to change the BULLET position but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking to change the text position.

Thanks.

Nikky.

...in my experience longer digits have a smaller space before text entry, single digits are further away from text entry...

...changing the tab position will move the text, this is found in bullets and numbering and also in the tab palette...

...you can have more than one tab, assigned to different lines...

Andrew

...if you wnat to line up the single digits to the double ones you can do this in bullet or number postion, in the dialog for bullets and numbering, at the bottom...

...here you have alignment (which needs to be set to 'right'), left indent and first line indent need values entered, try the same values for both, say 3mm...

...tab position will move the text...

...with all said, it is handy to be using a paragraph style if not already...

Andrew

...correction, in fact, the left indent value is the key, the first line indent can be left at zero...

...in anycase, the values required are dictated by font size used...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back