Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another puzzle for you 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

melocco

Technical User
Jan 19, 2001
US
I've made a button. The button has a movie playing in it. I have the "over" in the button props. as another grafx. When I go to the "hit" area, and try to paint it. The paint goes behind the grafx. After I try to test the movie, if I hit right outside the button it works but the over isn't displayed. If I go over the button it doesn't go to the start of the movie (where I wanted it to go). Any suggestions? Hay it's worth another star, OLD...

hey man,as far as the paint falling behind the graphics this is what i did(while having the same problem).use the sphere or square tool to cover up the button in it's hit frame.of course the paint will fall behind the graphic, then i just move the graphic out of the way so i can see the paint,select the entire paint with the selection tool and convert to symbol.then you can put the graphic back where it was and the new symbol will now sit on top of the graphic.

I tryed that. I made the box and turned it to a symbol, moved it over the button I made and it did the same thing (went inbehind the button). I even put it in another frame and pulled it in front (so that it would be in front). All did the same thing. I don't know what happened? I just made another button and did what you said and it works now???? Why I don't know but It works Thanks for the help... Melocco.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back