Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another Newbie Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosty1741

Technical User
Nov 10, 2021
CA
Hey All,

I have another newbie question. I am trying to install some components in Delphi 10.4. The first package I tried to install are the Project JEDI tools. I don't know how to install these tools and when I try to use the automated install tool it fails. I have looked at tools\options\environment and I can't find a search path variable. I think I have gotten dumber after all these years since D6! Can someone HELP me?

Regards,

Lary

Are you using the JEDI included in the GetIt package manager? Menu item "Tools| GetIt Package Manager." You must first install "JEDI Code Library" before you can install "JEDI Visual Component Library." That should install the packages completely.

One last think, as the install starts, it will attempt to close out Delphi, let it do so, or else the components won't install properly.

Thanks majlumbo for your replies. Can I please ask, My getit attempts failed but I never got to the point where it asked me to stop delphi. I think that I haven't specified a path directly in my environment variables because i don't know where to add it. Oh yeah,now when I go to getit it says they are already installed.

Thanks,

nosty

if the components didn't install correctly, then I suggest removing them. You can adapt the instructions here: to remove the JCL and JEDI packages and then attempt to reinstall them.

I don't think you need to set any environment variable for GetIt to work. GetIt should set all the library paths automatically when it finishes installing.

I got the packages removed using that link that you sent me. When I used getit it says the install was complete and then it told me I would have to Shut down the ide for the change to take effect. When I use the installer and getit there is an error when it uses the cmd.exe and tries to compile. The jvcl says that i am missing dependency and I should add them but I don't know where to do this.

nosty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back