Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another L5500 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekAndy

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
US
OK, we are getting ready to put up our L5500. Do the drive walls HAVE to go into the same place? Or can we put the drive walls anywhere and, if so, does the Library auto-learn the new position? We are going to leave one drive wall empty for the window.

Andy

I my memory serves me correctly you will need to put the walls in the same configuration that the were in. If you do not do so you will have to redo the drive configuration in the LMU. Also if you do not put the drive walls in the same place. you are going to have problems with the internal cables. The LCU wal MUST be on panel 1 No exceptions and you Must have a drive wall on panel 10 (Hinged wall panel)

Anyone.......We have what look to be some adjustment tools that we got with our L5500. There are two small metal pieces sith square heads and a cam looking portion under it. here is a small pin under that. What are these for? Do these sound familiar to anyone? I can p[ost a picture if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back