Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Another error when opening attached email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storyteller

Instructor
Apr 19, 1999
CA
Hello All,
A client has been having difficulty opening attachments that are part of an email which ACT! has stored. The email settings are to save the entire email plus attachments as a history item.

When he attempts to open the attachment he gets the following error message:
Can't write to file: c:\Documents and Settings\fred\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK123

I have found out that when Outlook opens an attachment it automatically assigns it an temp number in this OLK123 folder and when it reaches the 100th time opening an attachment it will bork. However, in this case there are no files in the OLK123 folder.

The user is running Windows XP Home and I have gone through the Admin route to give him full (owner) permissions to the Temporary Internet File folders and sub folders.

As he is opening the email from the history tab of the ACT! contact then opening the attachment from the email, I am not sure if it is an ACT! issue or an Outlook issue. Regardless of what we may think Fred is seeing this as an ACT! problem.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Michael

Hello Mike,
I have read similar postings on this topic and I have even added a batch file for the user to run which will delete all files in the OLK folder. The user reported that he had run the batch file and had even navigated to the Temporary Internet Folder (TIF) to confirm there were no files.

The folder was empty, but he was not able to open the attachment.

This one has me scratching my head.

Regards,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back