Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anonymous Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigreguy

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
Hello,

I am currently having problems with annoymous access on my sharepoint site. I have linked it with a non-sharepoint site. I have checked within Active Directory Users to ensure that the iusr_XXXX is in and it is as the Built-In anonymous access. Within the properties of this the Account options User cannot change password and Password are checked. Account never expires. Within IIS I have Enable anonymouse access checked. The u/n & p/w are correct. Integrated Windows authentication is checked.
I haved logged onto the sp site and within Site Settings
Manage anonymous entire Web site and within All Authenticated Users the option of Yes (Allow all authenticated users to access site) is checked
Assign these users Reader has been selected and chose OK.

I closed IE and re-entered the site. Still it askes me for U/N & P/W....
I have repeated this many times. Can anybody tell me if I have forgotten anything?

Very frustrated,

Tony

I wonder if it is the same old adding the site to Trusted or Local Intranet Zone in your IE. If you have not added the site there, do that and see if the login prompt disappears.

Cheers,
Thomas

Thomas2000,

Thank you for your imput. What I did was to recreate the site utilizing another port. I always assign my sites within the 8000 port range....Its acceptable practice I understand. For some reason I have seen before certain ports not allowing any anonymous access at all....I don't understand why....I just re-establish on a different port and go with it..........

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back