Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annual Symantec Server update license process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flw

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2007
On a Win 2003 R2 Standard Ed server has Symantec Server AV 10.0.x running. Problem is I was not here last year for the first annual update and am not familiar with how Symantec does theirs.

It looks like more of a complete install. There are 2 zip files first named xyz-CD1.zip at 384 MB's and the second xyz-CD2.zip at about 138 MB.

Do I just run the zipped setup.exe one at a time on the server where it belongs or do I need to burn them each to a CD and then run each? Or something different? Where to begin...

The readme was of no help.

I have with Symantec to NEVER upgrade. Uninstall and then install new version. Do that on the server and then the same thing on the stations through the VPhome drive.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

I mistyped, it was suppose to be "I have learned with Symantec....". Also I am new to it as well and read these threads just for info and use Corp. edition.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back