Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annoying Run-time problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretchy

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
GB
Hi. I have built a system in Access XP designed to maintain and produce Press Releases for my company. THis has taken me 8 months and I have completed it finally. I then go and try and install on a clients PC and the problems begin. The client PC's use win98 and no access.

1. On loading the Run-time version of my software I get many dll errors. I solved this by finding the dll's on my PC and registering them where necessary on the clients.

2. The client clicks on a browse box (i.e a pop up dialog control box) and gets a runtime error which quits the application completely. I tried installing the latest MDAC and JET and even IE but nothing helped. I then Installed a copy of Access XP on one clients PC and hey presto it worked fine! Unfortunately it still gives me the same error on the other clients PC despite everything I have done. Please help me someone I spent 8 months on this and I will be miffed to the extreme if I have to start over.

Thx _______________________
Happy to help if i can.
Stretchy [Pipe]

I am guessing you are using the common control ocx to create your browse for file dialog.
Can I kindly suggest you scrap that, heap of junk and use the code found at to create your dialog.

Do you need all your dlls registering? In your development file, make sure that only references you really need are ticked. If you need to package dlls with your application I think you will need to create some dep dependency files to go with them, but you will have to check the help for that.

HTH

Ben ----------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara
Home: bpo@SickOfSpam.RobotParade.co.uk
Work: bo104@SickOfSpam.westyorkshire.pnn.police.uk
(in case you've not worked it out get rid of Sick Of Spam to mail me!)
Web: ----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back