Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annoying Problem HP840C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffers

MIS
Jan 8, 2003
GB
We have a Deskjet 840c installed locally on a Pc. It worked without problems for a couple of months but now a very annoying error message appears with every print job.

Basically you go to print something, the printer starts to print then the following message appears on screen
"There was an error found when printing the document "name" to LPT1. Do you want to retry or cancel the job?"

If you just ignore this message the printer continues to print and the message disappears.

I have tried everything to try and get rid of it to no avail, can anyone help me ???? [shadessad]

Try changing your bios settings (ECP, STANDARD, ETC).

Sometimes you will start to get those kinds of errors if you have an ink cartridge getting low on ink and/or starting to go bad. Also, I would check the cable to make sure it is firmly connected on both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back