Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annoying popup message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltaflyer

Programmer
Oct 11, 2000
GB
I have written an ActiveX control in VB to use in an asp system. The AXC will upload up to 10 files to the server at once, to do this it needs to know the destination folder on the server.

I am passing this information to the AXC via javascript, but everytime i run the page i get the following message,

An activex control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?

I know my users will not appreciate this, so is there anyway that i can stop this message from appearing?

Thanks for any assistance,
DeltaFlyer
The Only Programmer To Crash With Style. LOL

there's setting in the tools options and security for IE that you can check a enable instead of prompt option for activeX scripting _________________________________________________________
for the best results to your questions: FAQ333-2924
Is your question a most FAQ?? Find out here FAQ333-3048

I do not believe there is a way to take this out without those setting though being adjusted. _________________________________________________________
for the best results to your questions: FAQ333-2924
Is your question a most FAQ?? Find out here FAQ333-3048

Cheers onpnt,

i already my internet settings as allow, but i am working on an intranet, forgot to set those.

Thanks. DeltaFlyer
The Only Programmer To Crash With Style. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back