Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annoying Outlook 2003 issue using Stationary templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

markus97

Technical User
Apr 11, 2007
CA
Hello,

I'm having some issues with the stationary templates in outlook 2003. Every time I enable any of the stationary templates in outlook, when I compose an email, my signature becomes double spaced along with the email body where I type. I checked the paragraph settings and it's not set to doublespace.
My signature is fine and it doesen't display as doublespaced in the preview.

When I disable stationary, the signature is perfectly fine and I can type an email without any double spacing issues.

Something is up with the stationary. I tried the same on another machine and it does the exact same thing so I don't think something is wrong with the application.

I have Microsoft Word enabled as the email editor. When I disable this setting, the formation is fine except for the fact that some weird box appears above my signature which is annoying.

The normal.dot file is just a blank page with no formations. I created a new template normal.dot file and I was still having the same issues.

Anyone have any ideas bc this is driving me up the walls.

Thanks

Im getting closer to resolving this.

I noticed the issue on how to temporarily fix the double spacing. In "Paragraph" Spacing before and after are set to "Auto". When I change it to 0pt, this resolved the double spacing issue.

The only issue is that I have to change that setting every time I send an email.

Microsoft Word by default is set to 0pt. The normal.dot file is set to 0pt by default as well. I opened the stationary template file in word and it was set to "auto" so I changed it to 0pt and saved it. After the changes, I launched the file and it indeed saved the settings. I thought this would have solved the issue but it didn't. I rebooted the machine and created a different template file with 0pt set on the spacing and attempted to use that file but it changes to "auto" when I compose an email.

Now im really stumped. This has nothing to do with the html editing b/c when I disable the stationary template, everything is fine. For some reason, Outlook is formatting the stationary file to "auto" spacing!

Any ideas

Thanks

when sending html format emails, check Options and select Normal instead of paragraph.

where are you getting that from? I don't see that option.

open a new email then look at the toolbar at the top or click on the drop down for format & change to Normal

oopps, i forgot click in the text area to activate the toolbars.

I'm sorry, I've been trying to change from paragraph to normal for 2 days and I can't find the option that you're talking about. I'm in a new email, in the text section, toolbars are activated, and when I click options I get a window that has message options, voting and tracking options, and delivery options. No html options. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back