Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

announcing an acd call's queue using a whisper page

Status
Not open for further replies.

epateamleader

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
US
We are looking into cross training our reps to be able to handle calls from multiple queue. The call center team here is visually impaired and unable to see what is in the display when calls come in from different queues to determine how the call should be answered. I was thinking that there might be something like a whisper page which could announce to the rep what queue the call was coming from when they answered the call so they could greet the call with the correct greeting. Does anyone know if there is anything that would allow us to do this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Get with your nortel rep. If I am correct, this is real new. It is using the voice services cards in symposium to generate the whisper tone, but it is on rel 5.0.

I have only heard that this is available, but have seen it no where in print.

John

if your symposium is older you might think about having a ran (froa) answer the call, then auto answer it to the agent. i've set this up, each different 800 number was routed to an acd group, the thank you for calling company x, answered the call then it was routed to an agent. a little ackward for calls to be cued but the agent answered thank you for calling. the company name had been given. froa, frist ran on arriv. was unique for each national ad.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back