Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcing a second call

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorDave

Vendor
Jul 29, 2002
US
Howdy all,
Had an interesting question from the boss today.

Joe Attorney is on a call. Joe's secretary gets another call for Joe. She wishes to let him know this. Is there a way to announce this to Joe while he is on the original call? Either thru the speaker or the earpiece?
I have read thru some doc's but can't find anything on this. Any ideas?
Gator

use voice call and make sure Joe had hands free allowed and hands free answerback allowed also that he has 2 intercom btns. How they use it depends on if all lines appear. She puts call on hold then she would voice call Joe and say Jane is on line three or if no lines appearnshe would have to put call on hold voice call bos tell him she is transfering jane she'll press rls go back to jane "I'll xfr you now" she presses xfr s ext and hangs up. Its more steps but it works.She

Thanks for the response PBXLady. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It shows as "No voice call" "On another call"

Any other ideas?
Gator

Check out the Priority call feature in the system coordinators guide.

Very cool. I tried it here and it works. Much thanks to both of you!!!
Gator

Try camp-on Feature 82. Priority is very intrusive and will only piss-off the attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back