Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcement - How to increase recording time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
I have an S8700 using TN474 Announcement cards. I have a request to extend the time allowed to record an announcement with. Right now it appears to be 18 seconds allowed but the request is to move it to 30 seconds.

1) How do I make the change?
2) What considerations do I have to look at before I make such a change?
3) Can I change just one announcement or does the change affect all the announcement boxes at once?

Thanks.

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

Unaware of any announcement card TN474. Can you verify the card again for me?

It is that card for sure. Anyway it is an announcement board that I have a box with only 18 seconds of recording space on and I want to increase the time to record for that announcement.

Is this a system wide change which affects all the announcement boxes or can I change it for just one box? And where do I do it?

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

AvayaHelp,

i'm also unaware of such a circuit pack type, maybe it's too old to be listed in hardware guide. i think the best you can do is purchase new or used tn2501 board, it stores up to one hour of recording time.

dwalin has you pointed in the right direction AvayaHelp. If this is on anything besides the older switches, you will not be able to back your announcements up. While I am still running the TN750c packs, I just installed the TN2501 val board to do all my announcements on.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back