Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANNOUNCEMENT > STATION RING > REMOTE COVERAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosPrex

Vendor
Jun 5, 2003
MX
Hi everybody

DEFINITY 9.5 on here
When station 728 is dialed announcement 441 needs to be heard first, then station 728 should ring 3 times and if not answered, then go to remote coverage 728 (cell phone)

I wonder if there is a treatment on the coverage path itself in order to no need VDN /VECTORS involved, since I´ve tried vector with no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I don’t understand your question. Why would you do something half-backwards when a vdn/vector is the standard solution?

I guess I didn´t explain myself correctly
I didn´t mean not want ot use VDN/VECTORS, I should have said I´ve cannot make it work

I assigned cov p 728 to station 728
v252 in Point 1 of coverage path 728
pointed to vector 52 on VDN 252

Here I can use announcement xxx, but I still cannot figure out how to send to remote coverage 728 without using a new station with a new coverage path pointing to r728, becuase it doesn´t work

I guess I´m missing a simple way to do it, but I don´t know how redirect to remote coverage 728 after announcement xxx from vector 252

The problem is you can't have your cake and eat it too. You'll have to pick one thing and work with that.

If you want an announcement to play BEFORE station 728 rings then you'll need an intermediary VDN and Vector to dial first.

If dialing 728 is the important part, create a new Station for the user and set 728 as the VDN. The problem will be that internal users will learn the new extension and stop dialing 728.

But if you only want calls to the DID (xxx-yyy-z728, for example) to hear this announcement, then we can change the incoming-call-handling to point to a new VDN with a vector that plays announcement 441 then routes to 728.

But there's no way (that I'm aware of) to dial station 728 and have the station NOT ring at all. You need at least 1 ring on the station before the coverage path kicks in.

Maybe that will work for you? Try this:

For the coverage path for 728 Set the answer rings to 1
Set the first cover point to a VDN that plays the announcement then routes to a new VIRTUAL station with a new coverage path.

On the new coverage path for the virtual station
Set cover point 1 to an Answer Group that only has station 728. Set the rings for 3.
Set cover point 2 to the Remote Cover point.

Calls to 728 ring once on the phone, play the announcement, ring on 728 three times, go to the remote number.

That's ugly but that's the closest match to what you are describing.

Hi
Yeah, I´m aware about the 1 ring at least before coverage points on a coverage path, thanks.

The requirement is INTERNAL CALLS TO STATION 728 SHOULD PLAY ANNOUNCEMENT xxx > RING ON STATION 728 > GO TO REMOTE COVERAGE 728 AFTER 3 RINGS.
The idea of renumbering the VDN to 728 crossed my mind but the fact that calls from the station would appear with a different station number made forget about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back