Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcemenet Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTMCKEE

MIS
Jul 6, 2001
US
I'm currelty having some quirky issues with an announcement.

I have TN2501AP HW02 FW007. The announcement is having some wierd issues, but what my question is, is shouldn't i be able to record a message that is currently in production? If a message is being played i can not re-record/delete/play the message using the FAC. If i press the FAC *111 then the extesion 1234, i get a confermation code, then a hang up, i cannot even press 1 2 or 3.

Anyone seen this?

RTMCKEE

Have you saved announcements recently. Sometimes if the announcements haven't been saved in a while they get quirkey

Hi
MediaGateway Val Board support 4 calls at the same times.
I you have 4 calls between the instant you connect on announcement by fac, it could hangup.
Try to set q to y in ch ann screen .
regards

Have not saved in a month, since we brought this center up.

What does setting Q to y do? Queue calls to listen to the announcement?

Thanks
Taylor

Q" does indeed stand for "queue". If it is set to "N", the announcement will not play if a port is not available.

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

putting the Q to yes did not help. Looks like we will try to schedule a reboot.

RTMCKEE

UPDATE:

According to Tier 3 you cannot re-record a message that is currently being played. (at least on the Tn2501).

2nd. Firmware version FW007 has an "undocumented feature" that it will arbitrarily protect messages. The avaya guy I spoke with assured me that Tier 3 said this was working as designed. Thier new way of saying they are not going to fix it. I asked how often the protection updated itself and they told me they didnt know. Dont update to FW007 unles you have a good reason. We update a network outage message 3 or 4 times a day, and this has become quite a problem.

RTMCKEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back