Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annoucement Board? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitsthephoneguy

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something? I added an announcement board to my definity, and was able to program an announcement to the board under change announcements.

The system lets me record a message, but when I try to play it back I get the wave off.

Am I missing something?

TIA and Happy Holidays!

Steve

If you try too soon to listen its not ready yet, or you can not hear it after that? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

ok
If you do a list config all do you see the board?
Are you sure the recording to the new board worked? I know thats why your here :)
Its been a long time but I think I had to add board 01X## to get the board into the system Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

The board shows up in list config. I can't run an ADD BOARD command.

Any other ideas?

TIA,
Steve

P.S. the board shows up when I do a list integrated command...

Does the board show up when you do a List Data. If its a TN 750c it should. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

DATA MODULES

Ext. Port Type Name COS COR TN ISN
1170 01C0301 announcement Announce 1 31 1

One of mine looks like this
Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Send me your e-mail address I'll send you a PDF file on Avaya the system.
Dpeacock@SSSC.com Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

It is a TN750B. I have a TN750C also, which if I interperet the documentation correctly, should not be a conflict.

TIA,
Steve

Steve if you do a "list data" does the port address show up of the tn750b card. A tn750B card will show up as well. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Not sure - but do you need console permissions to listen to an announcement before adding to a Vector or such...? Or perhaps your COR isn't high enough...?

Do this command "list integrated-annc-board". It will tell you the board location and if there is anything recorded on the number. You do not need console permissions or a higher COR.

Sorry, you can also do a "display integrated-annc-board" for the total recorded time on each board in your system.

No you don't need special COR's to listen to the announcement via dialing it's extension. Data-Mods have nothing to do with making the board work or not, they're added manually when copying or backing up TN750 boards. You can only use 1 TN750B per system. As far as I know, the 750B is only supported as the 1st board when used in a multi-announcement board system. I don't think it's addressable as 2nd, 3rd, etc....board, you need a 750C for that. -CL

So do you think he has an announcement on the board yet? :) Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Yes and no. Yes I think it's there in memory. No I don't think the system can access it on a 750B when setup as anything other than the 1st board in the system. -CL

Lopes,

That would probably be the issue. I had a 750C installed and had the 750B in my inventory. I just installed the 750B for extra space.

When I do a list integrated, I see the board, the announcement and how much space it's using. But it will not play.

Is there a painless way to use this?

If you've got nothing better to do..........Maybe remove the announcement from the B and remove the board. Back the 750C up to the flashcard via save announcements. Pull the C and install the B in it's slot. Restore announcements. Then insert the C as your 2nd board.
-CL

Just a little note for when you do a save announcements to a flash card from a TN750B. You can not save announcement and translations to the same 4meg flash card. You have to use two cards. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back