Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anniversary date 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonniago

MIS
Jun 18, 2002
US
Well,

After converting my data from INFOPoint into access, I need to take the date and find the first time a patient visited. What I really want to do is send a letter to new patients welcoming them to our facilities.

I have people showing up with every time they have been here, and I don't quite know how to get the accurate start date.

Thank you for this.

The easiest way to get this is to build a Totals query. Go to design view of a query, select the table(s), click the Totals button on the toolbar. Place the patient name in the Grid. Place the visit date in the Grid. Sort Ascendingly on the visit Date field. Set the Total: row of the visit date column to First. Run the query to verify that you only have 1 row for each different patient name value.

fkegley@hotmail.com

The easiest way to get this is to build a Totals query. Go to design view of a query, select the table(s), click the Totals button on the toolbar. Place the patient name in the Grid. Place the visit date in the Grid. Sort Ascendingly on the visit Date field. Set the Total: row of the visit date column to First. Run the query to verify that you only have 1 row for each different patient name value.

fkegley@hotmail.com

Isn't there a MIN() function? Something like:

SELECT LNAME, FNAME, ADDRESS, MIN(APPTDATE)
FROM MYTABLE
GROUP BY LNAME, FNAME, ADDRESS
Terry
* General Disclaimor - Please read *
Please make sure your post is in the CORRECT forum, has a descriptive title, gives as much detail to the problem as possible, and has examples of expected results. This will enable me and others to help you faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back