Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

animation shop - memory problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtmilko

Technical User
Apr 23, 2003
GB
When using over 200 frames and when applying effects my pc (which is new and of reasonable speed)reacts quite badly and slows down. I have increased the virtual memory but this seems to make little difference. Is it that I'm using the program incorrectly? I would presume that in making even small animations you need to use a lot of frames and would be putting on a lot of effects.

Thanks

The issue isn't how many frames. You can have lots and lots of frames. The issue is how much does each frame weigh, and what is the weight of the final animation. Also where are you going to display the animation. If on the web, then you will need to keep the animation quite small.

200 frames at 50k or more each would slow even the fastest of the fast computers. Conversely an animation with 200 frames with each frame weighing 2k would load fast even on a slow computer.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back