Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animation Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJon

Technical User
Oct 6, 2004
GB
Hi,

I'm working on a project at the moment that requires me to produce an abstract animation that is constantly changing shape, similar to a wave form produced by audio. The animation also needs to respond to either mouse movement or some control sliders that I will provide. I need to to this using Director. Does anyone know of any good tutorials about how to make these sort of animations (or tips, or advice, or good websites or resources to look at). Any help would be much appreciated as I don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance.

hi gazs,
I am interested in how you did the vector shape animation ,I wonder how you are able to change the form of a determined vector shape ,(normaly you cant manualy change it in director) unles that you use more castmembers with different vector shapes .
I would be pleased if you can explaine how you did it
best regards
Paul

You can change it. Use vertexList.
First, you get the vertexList of your vector shape.
Then you create a duplicate of the vertexList, after which
you can do whatever you like with the duplicated vertexlist.
After that, set the cast member's vertextList to your duplicated vertexList.

gazs thanks for you re respond,
i experimented a bit with the scripting and some how it works . I would have more questions about .
but in the first place i would like to render it as a avi
but i found out ,that it only can be saved as a shockwave movie
or is there a possible way to render the changing shape to an avi ?
paul

Sorry for the late response.
I don't think u can render it as an avi file.
Maybe you can try capturing the shockwave movie with some software like Camedia.
What it does is just capture whatever thats on your screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back